Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cowboy Up
We went to our first rodeo as a family in a neighboring town with several friends and their families. No one watched the rodeo much, they had more fun hanging with their friends. I pulled out the kids cowboy hats from our family reunion several years ago. Kaylie, Taylin, and myself were the only ones to cowboy up though!

Kaylie liked the horsies and the clowns.


She also jumped at the chance to wear her boots!

Tanner and his friend, Lucas, did the cow race where there are a whole bunch of kids that chase five cows and try and pull a ribbon from the cows tail. As hard as they tried, the didn't get a ribbon and to be honest, I wouldn't have known it if they did because when all the kids were released, I lost track of them.

I think Taylin is considering being a cowgirl!

4 comments:

chingchong7 said...

Yee-haw. We've been to a few rodeo's ourselves too! This year Adam went and bought us boots to wear! You gotta wear your cowboy hat and boots when you go to the rodeo! One thing though that I don't enjoy - after about an hour I start sneezy and my nose gets all stuffed up from all the animals and hay. :(

S. Fillmore said...

Giddy up! I have only been to the Stake mini rodeo at a neighbor's house. We came home with 3 chickens from the chicken chase. Jim is not the cowboy type.

linnywho said...

What cute cowgirls!

meleah said...

cute! When I first moved to Austin I decided to grow out my hair because I wanted to look cute wearing a cowboy hat, after growing it out I never bought one so I cut my hair off. I still have yet to buy one. Someday I'll have one :)