Sunday, August 24, 2008

Phenomenon?
(So I'm catching up on an old post that I never posted.)

Back on July 31st, I was driving somewhere at about 7:30 p.m. and noticed these crazy clouds in the sky so I called Huy and told him to take the kids and go have a look. I had never seen anything like it. And Huy is so smart... he took some pictures of it. Did anyone else see them? Can anyone explain them?




4 comments:

chelon:) said...

those are cool clouds. i was probably holed up in the house because of the heat. and look what i missed!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It must be some Texas miracle! ....tamera and megs

linnywho said...

Those are framable pics!
I love your new blog look...nice design.

Stephanie T said...

The first looks like you saw the silver lining. I know so techinical, actually I really don't know. But I love that about Texas! I see them all the time.

The others look like an Aurora. Like as in Northern Lights, so do we call them Southern lights:-) Actually it is quite possible to have these occur in temperate areas. They are caused by static energy and the different charges of molecules as they collide with the atmosphere make up the different colors. Sorry, Chemistry major. It has to be put to use sometime.