Ward Christmas Party

Yes, I made these adorable, or not so adorable bible clothes. I thought, ahh, just a few dollars a yard at Walmart and I can sew a straight line. This should be something I can do and it will be kind of fun. Well, about $50 dollars later and most of the day leading up to the event, this was the outcome. Note to self, look up "bible costumes" on Google BEFORE making your own. You can't see it in these pictures, but the length of ours were more like ninja or jedi costumes than the floor length attire worn in the day.

We were invited to Bethlehem as if it were during the time of Jesus' birth. We received a decree that told us where we needed to be when and what we needed to bring. It was very cute and clever. The gym was set-up with all these tents you could visit after eating a "meal" on a blanket. There was a fresh fruit market, the food tent that had bread and hummus and cheese cubes and dates, and a jewlery tent. Kaylie immursed herself in the storytelling.

Taylin and Tanner liked the game booth where they were taught how to play a game called "Dreidle." It was so cool I sent it to my nephews on their mission. They can have fun playing on Christmas with their companions! And I'll probably bring it out with our families in Utah. It is a fun way to get some candy! The evening was followed by a nice program of the nativity.

Huy and Tanner decided to modernize their costumes. Everything in our house needs this logo!
2 comments:
Christmas is amazing in Texas...Santa makes personal door-to-door visits? Your ward sure puts on quite a party. Congrats on those lovely costumes...fabulous "couture"...hey, you even made it "name brand."
I was laughing so hard at your description of making the costumes. Everyone needs a swoosh! My sister would have put on a Ralph Lauren Polo horse.
Post a Comment