Monday, January 19, 2009

Nguyen Family Christmas

There were so many pictures of our fun Christmas Eve that I had a hard time narrowing them down. After our yummy dinner at Christopher's, we went to Aunt Linh's house to open presents. Another tradition shared as soon as we got there was Ba Noi giving the kids her famous, and loved, pajamas. This year was all coordinated in reds, High School Musical 3 shirts for the girls with polkadot pants, and the boys in striped pants with red shirts. They were all so cute. Thanks Ba Noi.
The theme for this years family gift exchange was "FLAT." It could actually be something "flat" or you could be creative and have each letter of the word "flat" stand for something. And that seemed to be the more favorable option.
Vu got a Borders gift card from Kim...
From, with Love, from Austin, Texas
Huy got a Labrador calendar and an iTunes gift card from Kaylie...
Found Late At Target
I got some earrings from Vu...
Feminine, Little, Accessory, Trinkets
Tanner got boxing gloves from Luke...
Fight Like A True champ
Taylin got some American Girl books from Huy...
From Dad, with Love, And kisses to Taylin
Kaylie got some princess pajamas and princess rings from herUncle Mark...
Finger Love A Treat
Linh got a wallet from Noah...
it is FLAT
Mark got a Nike fleece jacket from Tanner...
Fleece Lined for Arctic Temperatures
Noah got an art kit from Linh...
Fun Little Art Thing
Luke got a hoodie from the Gap from Taylin...
Funky, Likeable, Awesome, Totally
And then Ong Noi and Ba Noi got a new TV from everyone and a picture with several pictures of her grandchildren. They gave all of us wonderful things like sweaters and sweatshirts and toys and gift cards. Huy and I also got a beautiful, huge picture of the Salt Lake Temple. I can't wait to hang it. They spoil us.
Again, we missed Vu who couldn't be with us (Australia is a long way away) so we were able to talk with him on the phone for a bit. Thanks for the earrings Vu! You were greatly missed.
It was a great evening full of giving - the giving of punches was probably one of the more memorable happenings as the little boys loved Tanner's new boxing gloves and they were having fun play fighting. They are precious! Aunt Linh read the kids a great bedtime, Christmas story to end the evening.
Thanks everyone for all the nice gifts and for the great time together!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been saying for years that I wish we were family to get jammies too! They are adorable! I love the family gift exchange. Cleaver! Who thought of that?
loves,
Tammy

The Christexans said...

I'm enjoying your holidays! Your family is so beautiful.

chingchong7 said...

Yah! Your back to bloggin' again! Cute cute cute christmas pictures!! All the kids are soo adorable (and getting soo tall), wish we could see them more (hint, hint). Same with Linh's kids too! Adam says he hopes our little girls will look like Taylin and Kaylie someday!

linnywho said...

Miss Kimberly, you have a true blogging gift! Those were adorable pictures you took and I'm so happy SOMEone in the family is recording these precious moments. Thank you.

linnywho said...

Is that a picture of Bookie's toes?
Nice.

chelon:) said...

way to catch up ;)

great pictures. i am glad you had a safe christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim! for those great pic moments. Felt like I was there. You were all missed,,,hopefully next year.
You're such a pro at 'blogs' now. love the owl characters!
come visit Down Under!

Vu