Last Sunday after church, Taylin came in the Relief Society Room and carefully showed me the piece of gum that dropped out of her mouth and into her hair during Primary. Her hair is so long these days that it is no wonder it fell into her hair and not on the floor. Things with spit have a tendency to make me gag so I made Huy get it out.
We remembered a friend's science project where she tested different things to find out what worked best to get gum out of hair, but we couldn't remember what the best substance was, so we called her dad up to find out. They told us hot water. The internet said olive oil. We used both and a fine tooth comb and it all came out. I thought that this may be our chance to give Taylin a haircut, but no such luck - she wants to keep it long.
I can't talk about it much more than that as I am about to gag just thinking about it!
We remembered a friend's science project where she tested different things to find out what worked best to get gum out of hair, but we couldn't remember what the best substance was, so we called her dad up to find out. They told us hot water. The internet said olive oil. We used both and a fine tooth comb and it all came out. I thought that this may be our chance to give Taylin a haircut, but no such luck - she wants to keep it long.
I can't talk about it much more than that as I am about to gag just thinking about it!
4 comments:
ewwww! that would be the first thing i would do to my kids hair...chop it :) i can't stand it! halle is constantly getting food in her hair because she can't keep it out of her face. but taylins hair is just so beautiful! good luck getting her to chop it. maybe after dealing with a hot hot summer!
Oh, it is only a little gum. By the look on her face I think Huy must be pulling. Her hair is beautiful! Our vote is to leave it long and spend the hot summer with us.
loves,
Aunt Tammy and Megs
I remember being in elementary school and getting gum all over my hands. I went to the nurse and she covered my hands in peanut butter and it came out. I think it is because of the oil. Anyway, I am glad you got it out.
taylin has the best hair ever! beautiful long, cute short...yucky with gum!
Post a Comment