Friday, May 29, 2009

My baby graduates!

I am almost crying just thinking about the day that she will really graduate from High School. It will be here sooner than I want, I'm sure.

She was a happy girl taking the stage and singing some great songs with some great moves and showing her sign language to God Bless America. She practiced that song most every day up until the performance and she even taught Taylin how to do it. It was a great program.



She got two awards with her diploma... one was the "Outstanding Friendship" award and the other was "Best Handwriting" award. She walked so quickly across the stage and didn't even turn to look and wave at her proud family. Darn.


We took Tanner and Taylin out of school for the day because Kaylie wanted her "whole family to be there." They weren't complaining.

The school gave the children a Kid's Bible as a graduation gift. She has been carrying it around ever since.


This is Kaylie's beloved teacher, Ms. Claudia. According to Kaylie, Ms. Claudia knows everything. Teachers always do, right. Well, she has called me Ms. Claudia several times so I am flattered! She was a great teacher and Kaylie did learn her whole alphabet, sounds, and how to write them, among other things, all from her.



To celebrate the great event, we all enjoyed a Sonic ice cream cone. (I always like celebrate with ice cream. I learned that from my dad!)



(Note those nails and her bling watch! I think she will be a fashion designer one day.)

And the party continued with some sprinklers-under-the-trampoline fun. She is already practicing her graduation jump without the cap and gown. Boo hoo!


Congratulations Kaylie! You have been a super student and learned so many new and wonderful things this past year. Keep at it in Kindergarten! We love you!

The closing song sung by the kids was so darn cute, I have to have you experience it. It went like this... Please join me in singing the following, outloud or in your mind...
"Q R S, T U V, W X, Y and Z, now I know my ABC's and I know my 123's.
Summer is here and lots of fun..."
(now yell this part)
"Watch out Kindergarten, here I come!"

1 comments:

chelon:) said...

congrats kaylie!! they definitely grow up to fast. sometimes it's good and sometimes it's sad :)