Wellness Day at BPE
What a fun day for the kids at school. Well, actually, the kids say it use to be more fun or at least they seemed to enjoy it more when they were littlier. Now they just think it is kind of boring because they don't get to do as much outdoor water activities. Can we say spoiled?
I like to go and hang with the kids for a bit while they get to have a day full of no school work! I first spent some time with Taylin. We watched some women teach the kids about Roller Derbies. Then we went outside to see some guys show their stuff on the skateboarding ramps.
Then the class did a few relays and I caught Taylin in the act!
She learned a dance - the Zoomba, I think - and she is a natural!
And although I wasn't able to see Taylin doing any of the water activities, she was happy that I brought dad along, pulling him from his "job" (I'll mention about that in a minute), as we learned about how bad tobacco is for you.
The school has a program called "Watch D.O.G.S." which stands for Dad's Of Great Students. A dad will come to the school and walk around to help out where needed or just to keep a watch on the school and the activities that go on there during the day. Huy's first opportunity was to help flip hamburgers for the lunch given on Wellness Day. Clearly, it was a lot of work. Ha.
And then I found Tanner and his class out doing some relays too. Boys think they can do anything, but this proved a little more challenging than one thought. The yellow ball between Tanner's legs is the ball he just slingshot!
And then there were the fun water relays. A classic... such skill Tanner.
It was a fairly nice day, but not super hot. Kids don't seem too affected by weather - cold or hot. An opportunity for fun is all that matters!
And a fun day it was, indeed! Thanks kids for being such great students and sharing your fun with us!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Posted by Kimberly at 5/24/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment