thanksgiving 2009
My big brother, Lance, and his family made an 11 hour drive from Manhattan, Kansas to visit us for Thanksgiving this year! I felt so privildged because he doesn't just drive just anywhere, anytime. But I guess when there is nothing else to do where you live, you are willing to do just about anything. It was great to have them with us for the holiday and hope they will come back sooner than later!?
They made it in time (late Wednesday night) to go to our ward's Turkey Bowl. The boys had a good time, all four of them. The girls ran around with Nike, trying to hold him down, but didn't have much luck.
Lance was the roll-maker for the dinner. Everyone watched in awe and we ate them in awe as well. So tasty! I didn't get a picture of the dinner and everyone at the table which I am totally bummed about, but we did eat a fairly nice dinner. I'm still learning how to get everything on the table hot! Thanks everyone for pitching in!
Many evenings were spent around this table playing Texas Hold'em. It was intense. Can you tell by their poker faces?!
My mom thought we should take them to see the bats so one evening we got there before dusk. Everyone hung around, dancing on the train tracks, throwing the ball around, and we waited.
Dusk came and went and we still waited. We couldn't figure out why the bats weren't coming out. We waited some more and then finally gave up. They didn't come out that night.
I didn't know this was possible. Can anyone enlighten me as to why they wouldn't come out? We were just there one week earlier and there were tons of them. Very odd. But anyway, they never got to see the bats. Maybe next time.
On Saturday, we went to Zilker Park and enjoyed the beautiful day and enjoyed the fall leaves (yes, it is still Fall at the end of November in Texas).
We took a canoe ride on Lake Austin and had a few races with the boys. Proud to note, girls won!
Huy had to do a lot of rowing, but he definitely had the cutest passengers!
The boys thought they were all that, but I was just waiting for one of them to fall in the water. I guess it is a good thing no one did.
3 comments:
it's like christmas all over again!!! love love reading all of your posts! Way to go Tanner and good luck on Nationals!! Can't wait to hear about that! Taylin - wow another athlete in the Nguyen's home, you go girl! Wish we all lived closer so we can watch them both play! And I think Kaylie is the most adorable cheerleader ever!!! thanks Kim for keeping us posted! sure miss you guys!
i want to go and do the canoes at zilker park! it looks like fun. i wish that someone had gotten a picture of my boys during the turkey bowl :) anyone??
The bats go to Mexico for the winter. I think they left the previous Wednesday to when you got there. They like to be home for the holidays. :)
Post a Comment