Saturday, April 24, 2010

tanner turns 12!

Oh - my - goodness! My baby boy isn't such a baby anymore. What is a mother to do?! I guess, give him a party. His buddies came over for an evening of games (video and basketball and football), pizza, and cake. Come to find out, these boys have a little more energy than I thought. Our plans ended faster than anticipated so we had to improvise. Huy took them to Austin's Park for some laser tag, miniture golf, go-carts, and video games on a moments notice. That seemed to be a good thing for all of them. Thanks sweetie for saving the party!


(Pictured above: Ryan S., Kaylie, Taylin, Drew G., Connor K., Tanner, and Lucus S.)



Tanner enjoyed th video game - Madden 10, one of his favorites.



It was a good time for a while, but since we couldn't get the upstairs TV to work so they could all
play at once, they had to gather around and play a tournament. Lucas was the winner!



How many football themed cakes can one make? We will probably be the ones to figure it out. I think this would be #12. (I remember Tanner's first cake was a football field with all the lines and marking with little stick figure players placed on it.) Huy was the designer, I was the froster. Thanks, again, for your help sweetie!


We weren't sure he was going to get all those candles blown out, but... he did! He wanted a chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream - his favorites. It was a fun night!

On Tanner's actual birthday, he chose to eat at one of his favorite restaurants... Pluckers.



And he ate his favorite food... wings. Yum!



He opened some presents... a basketball.



...and oh, boy... clothes from Justice?



No... just a couple of ties for Sundays.



He also got some clothes from his grandparents, a Nike outfit (size XL that he swims in, but wears anyway), and some church clothes.



And although we already had his cake at his party (5 days earlier) another one was necessary on his special day. This delicious 6 layer chocolate cake came from the Cheesecake Factory. I wanted to eat the whole thing myself, but resisted.

Happy Birthday buddy! We are so proud of the young man that you are becoming. Keep making good choices and being a good example to your sisters. We love you!

2 comments:

linnywho said...

Dear Kimberly,
Nice cake, as always!

Dear Tanner,
I love your taste in cakes. Chocolate mint, my favorite!

chingchong7 said...

Twelve??? Man I feel old!