daylight savings
got up earlier than expected this morning. thought i would use the time to catch-up and blog a bit. one thing led to another and i found myself reading everyone else's blog (which i haven't done for a long time) instead of working on my own. feelings of inadequacies came over me - everyone is so awesome, doing wonderful things for themselves and their families, sharing their amazing talents, you know what i'm talking about, right? but then... my little one crawls out of her bed, finds me in front of the computer, snuggles up on my lap, puts her arms around me, and of course i reciprocate and love her yumminess in my arms, and she whispers, like she was just letting out her thoughts, "i love you." her sweet little voice melts my heart and all those feelings of inadequacies vanish. i am a good mom too i assure myself.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Posted by Kimberly at 11/07/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
fer shizzle!
i totally know what you mean. YOU are and AMAZING mom! i look up to your awesomeness. :) xoxo
Awwwwwww! Every time I think I'm inadequate and don't have much to offer, I remind myself that one thing's for sure: I am a good mother. And you are too! Thanks for being an inspiration, Kim.
Kim, you are a wonderful mother. And that's not your only talent by any means. You're a wonderful, kind friend. You're someone who builds others up. You're a soon-to-be Spanish speaker. You're a teacher. You're (almost) a judo master! You're an awesome writer (this post is one example, you really conveyed a lot of feeling in a short paragraph). You're an awesome baker.
I love the feelings that you expressed in this post. I've had those same feelings of inadequacy many many times reading others people's stuff or looking at other people's lives and seeing things that I admire or feeling bad because I don't do this or don't do that, but then I have to remind myself that I have my own unique qualities and gifts, and that I need to focus on those. When I do, I'm a much happier person with a brighter outlook on life. I'm glad you were able to have a positive moment with your little sweetie today that made you realize how awesome you are. And I can vouch for that too- you are awesome!
I am glad you wrote this. I feel that way sometimes too! This post made me smile and look forward especially to being a mom. :) Miss you!
Hey Sista! I know and love your total awesomeness! A GREAT MOM, SISTER, DAUGHTER AND FRIEND. Love, love, love this post!
Hugs to you!
Tamera
Post a Comment