Saturday, April 21, 2007

Grand Cayman

This was our second stop and by far my favorite.
Can you believe that we are not standing in a pool!
The water and beaches were beauitful!!
The ship couldn't pull in to the land so we had to ferry in.
We took a 20 minute boat ride out to the spot they call "Stingray City,"
a shallow sandbar in the middle of the ocean,
and it was here that we actually swam with the stingrays.
They were all over, just casually swimming by you.
I tried not to think to hard about it or I would freak myself out.

The locals believe that if you kiss a stingray
it will give you seven years good luck.
As you can tell, I wasn't too excited about it,
but thought to myself, why not?

There were about 10 boats that all back in a circle
and let their boat load of people off.
We were given a piece of squid to feed the rays and
they would come by and just suck it out of your hand.
Lots of people, but definately worth it.

2 comments:

karmen said...

I agree, this was the best stop. Loved the clear blue water....wouldn't mind being there now!!!

Tamera said...

Can't believe you kissed a stingray! Or swam with one for that matter. Did you hear the jaws music in your ear to warn you of the lurking danger.