And so ends the days of Kaylie with a binky. It's about time right? I mean, she is three and a quarter months old so it is about time, but sometimes, especially with the third child, there are battles you'd rather not fight and taking her binky away was one of them.
One day I just started cutting a little bit off (better that than have her bite a chunk off and choke on it, right?) in hopes she wouldn't really notice. Well, she noticed. She told me that her binky was "broken" and she wanted a different one. But I couldn't get her another one because this was the last one that somehow we held onto for about six months when we lost all the "extras" regularly. She didn't seem to mind too much when I told her this was the last one and so she continued to suck/chew it. Each week I tried to cut just a little more off, until last week - I guess I cut a little too much off. She put it in her mouth for a few seconds, gave me this puzzled look, and took it out and handed it to me. She said it was broken and then she didn't want to have anything to do with it. She hardly fussed that first night and it is now, finally, over.
4 comments:
Kimberly,
What a smart and genius mother! way to go. Can I have that binky for souvenir? I suggest that you patent the process? I wouldn't know what to do. If it was me, I would soak the binky in the shrimp sauce and give to my kid and let him/her throw up couple of times and they don't want anymore.
SL
aah...such a clever idea chipping away little at a time. What great idea....such a smart mom.
Love Tanner's hair!
vu
I like mams so much better than nuks. Way to go Kaylie!
What a sad day...your youngest isn't a baby anymore. No diapers, no binkies and no bottles. Wait a minute - that sounds more like freedom!!
Post a Comment