Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Check her out!!!

Taylin was all smiles when she finally received her first pair of "way cool" glasses. She had been asking for days after arriving home from school, "Did you get my glasses today Mom?" To her, and my, dissappointment, it took several extra days to get them. She hoped to get them Friday, but we had to wait until Tuesday and so it was a long weekend. But now she is "Miss Sophisticated" and loves her new glasses.

It may be hard to tell, but they are kind of a red and blue stripe. She tried on several pair, but she must have known these were the ones from the beginning because she kept going back to this pair and just seemed to know that they were "the ones." And she was right! She looks awesome in them!!



We went into the eye doctor just kind of expecting a check-up on her eyes, not even thinking we would walk out with a prescription for glasses, but it was a good thing. She said upon putting them on for the first time, and dropping them below her nose and then placing them back on again, "Things look so different. Blurry (with them below her nose), clear (putting them back on correctly), blurry, clear," followed by a big smile!!

She is supposed to wear them at school, to a movie, and in the car - times that she needs to see things that are far away. She is doing great with them. We are so proud!!

7 comments:

The Christexans said...

So cute! Isn't it astonishing when people are just accustom to not seeing clearly! I'm grateful for good eyes, and hoping my genes will out muscle Greg's. However, glasses are quite a lovely accessory especially on Taylin.

chingchong7 said...

Taylin, you look FABULOUS with your new glasses! Very very cute!

Sheyenne said...

She really does look cute Kim, but I guess I don't need to tell YOU that.

linnywho said...

Taylin looks darling!

Anonymous said...

Hey Taylin, you look absolutely fantabulous with glasses, your glasses are so classy and you look scholastic, smart and scrumptious!!!!! Just want to hug and kiss you but that will have to wait for Christmas time. I showed Buck your picture and he kind of tilted his head sideways and barked. I think he thought you looked great too. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Janssen said...

I got my first glasses at seven years old and I'm still always amazed at how sharp and crisp everything looks when I get a new prescription. A GREAT feeling.

Anonymous said...

strip hernaked mom then I will check her out