Thursday, November 8, 2007

She's gonna be a GREAT negotiator...

I was getting Kaylie ready for her preschool today, doing her hair up in pretties while she "washed" things in the sink. After finishing her hair, I said it was time to go and get her shoes on. She, of course, fussed a bit, but to stop an all-out tantrum, I said, "Okay, in one minute." She kept about her business and said, "Okay Mom, in two minutes." With the tilt of my head, I re-emphasized, "one minute Kaylie." And she then questioned, "Okay Mom, three minutes?"... and before I could once again re-emphasize the "one minute," she went back to her business and told herself, and the items she was washing, "Okay, three more minutes. Thanks Mom."

How can you not just want to squeeze all that cuteness out of her and give her a bunch of kisses? I just couldn't control myself and so I squeezed her and kissed her and squeezed her and kissed her some more and then we smiled together! What a great way to start a great day!!

1 comments:

linnywho said...

Thanks for the giggle. So cute!