Superbowl fun in Arizona
On January 30th we drove to Phoenix, Arizona (or to be more exact, Queen Creek, AZ) to visit our friends the Ricks, go to the NFL Experience, eat at In-n-Out, watch the Superbowl - at their house - and catch up with our good friends (Jeff Engelke and his boys flew in too). We did just that and more!We also used some connections (Huy's cousin Griffith - thanks a ton Griffith! We all had a great time!) and had a cabana at the Builtmore. The kids got to swim and go down a slide while some of the bigger kids went "star searching." They saw Barry Sanders (running back legend), Art Rooney (owner of the beloved Steelers), Al Davis (owner of the hated Raiders), Clyde Drexler (Portland Trailblazer great when Kim lived in Oregon, the late 80's, early 90's), Neil O'Donnell (Steelers Superbowl XXX QB), and they saw Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather's cars (Dancing with the Stars - or some of you may know him as a famous boxer).
While the girls stayed home and played, the boys went to the NFL Experience. It was unanimous that they had a good time. When questioned what they did, there seemed to be only one story to tell and lucky for me, Aaron caught it on video for us all to watch and enjoy! A shortened version would be... all the boys ran through this obstacle course and Huy took a turn. He was showing all his stuff... speed, agility, power, and then... he trips! Yes folks, full on flat faced wipeout. He was in the video and then disappeared out-of-sight, only to appear again red-faced and laughing histerically. A moment that will not be forgotten by those in attendance. If I ever get the footage from Aaron, I will be sure to share it.

Huy gracefully accepts his embarrassment as long as it is accompanied by his "money ball" story. I got a full-on, three dimensional drawing of the event that I am sure he would draw again if anyone wanted to see and hear about his amazing throw! He's cool and I love him!And we mustn't forget Jennie's half marathon race. We watched her take off and her big finish! I am definately impressed because running isn't something I enjoy at all. She rocked the race and did great. I can't even imagine her pain, but also her victory! Thanks for letting us be apart of it Jennie!
The New York Giants beat the New England Patriots in an awesome Superbowl XLII game. The commercials were decent, the food was delicious, and the company was even better. The trip was a great break from life in Round Rock. Thanks Ricks for a great time!!
1 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun time in AZ! Adam was jealous when I told him.
Post a Comment