Sunday, March 16, 2008

My visit to Oregon.
Alone, four days, nice.

This is my sister and most of her family (one of her sons is on a mission in Florida) and her second son, Nic, will be leaving on his mission on the 18th to Sau Paulo, Brazil. I went for a few days to visit them and spend some time with Nic as he prepared to go. We had a super nice weekend. My mom was able to come to so I also was able to spend some time with her. And get this, it didn't rain hardly at all which is truely crazy and almost unbelievable. But notice I said hardly - I think it rained one night while we were sleeping so I never really even saw the rain.
(Pictured above, Doug, Tammy, Nic, Megan and me)

We saw a few movies, did a little shopping (some to get things on the packing list for Nic), did some decorating, planted wheat grass for Easter, played a little pool, and lots of eating - one of my families favorite things to do together! I enjoyed my local favorites, Burgerville and their secret sauce, and Muchas - the have great nachos. Oh, and of course, Tillamook ice cream! Gotta get some of that while I'm there - Chocolate Peanut Butter is darn good, but this time I liked Marionberry Pie. Yum!

(My sister, Tammy, my mother, LeeAnn, and me)

One of the best parts about going was that we were able to attend the Portland Temple with Nic. It was a beautiful session and it was nice to share that with my nephew.
Nic spent a few weeks with my family here in Texas a few years back and ever since then, he has been a University of Texas fan (which is kind of funny since our household is not - Huy won't conform just because we live here)! So... his mother believed he needed an apron to take on his mission. And as you'd expect of most 19 year old boys, he insisted he didn't need one until one day after church while eating his lunch, he spilled on his nice, new suit. It was then that he finally agreed that maybe it would be a good idea, but only if he could have one that had "a UT something" on it. It then became my assignment to find one and it really wasn't that hard - those fan stores have everything. He proudly used it while I was there when he made french toast for us!

Nic is a great nephew and I will miss him, but I know he will do wonderful on his mission and have so many experiences that will bless his life, the life of those he teaches, and the lives of his family back home. Good luck Nic. May the Lord bless you. Be good and be safe.
AND WRITE YOUR MOTHER!!!



Thanks for a great time Tammy and Megan!!
And thanks to my sweetie for making it possible for me to go and for taking such great care of the kids while I was away!


5 comments:

Lars said...

Yea! New posts. But I can tell why you aren't blogging much. You are WAY busy. Birthdays, parties, travelling...much fun.

Thanks for the updates!

The Christexans said...

Lucky lucky you. I too miss Burgerville. I'm glad you had such a nice time.

The Christexans said...

Oh, by the way. I just noticed Huy was listed on your blog list so I checked it out. Very inspiring.

linnywho said...

What a nice getaway...Kimberly, you crack me up with your ice-cream (sweets) addiction :)
Sounds awfully familiar.

linnywho said...

Lovin' your What Makes Me Smile posts (except for the hot weather just makes me down right jealous!)...