S P R I N G B R E A K
camping at Lake Georgetown
What a beautiful time we had camping! The weather was so cooperative and it just couldn't have been a better time. We were able to stay two nights which gave us more time to hang out and enjoy time together. Campfires were a favorite as we made tinfoil dinners (new experience and they were good, but we definately have room for improvement), roasted some hotdogs, made smores, and even tried to bake some cookies. Maybe some of you didn't know, but Huy is a genius. He invented his own cookie sheet and although it took about 10 minutes to bake one cookie, it was quite tasty!
One of my favorite things about camping is enjoying a full course breakfast. You just gotta have the pancakes and bacon and OJ when you go camping. I guess my dad spoiled me growing up on our family camp outs! I think everyone enjoyed it.
The fishing wasn't quite up to par - not enough to actually have a dinner from it, but the kids had fun casting and reeling. The also had a few skipping contests which were more like tossing-rocks-into-the-water contests. They were all winners!
6 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I love the cookie baking idea. I am nowhere near that imaginative. That sounds like something Dario would think up, then I'd tell him it was dumb, and then I'd apologize as I ate lots of cookies!
How fun!!!! You are so right, there is nothing like a big yummy breakfast when you are camping!! Very awesome of Huy - gotta have cookies! Yummmm!
Oh I can't wait til we can start camping here in Utah!!! Thanks to my husband, he's converted me into a camper!I LOVE CAMPING!When you guys are in town, we really ought to think about getting the family together and going on a camping trip. It would be a blast!
That looks like so much fun!!!
I can't believe you're camping when it's not even the 1st day of Spring!!! WOW!! Didn't ya'll learn some stuff at girls camp??? At Trang's camp last year, we learned how to make french bread pizza and baked them in a card board-box oven, I'd imagine one can bake anything in it. So cool. If you want info on how to make the oven, let me know. Dutch oven cooking is always the easiest and tastiest. I agree with Cindy, we should go camping when you guys are in UT. Then you really know what camping is like with the Le's, huh Adam? ;-)
Looks like a fabulous time! Much better than our attempt last year. Plus you have the bonus of living further south and being able to go earlier in the year.
Post a Comment