Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the big E I G H T
Taylin celebrated a very special 8th birthday this year. She turned 8 and was baptized on the same day, June 7th! It was super special too because of all the great family and friends that came to be apart of it. Ong Noi and Ba Noi (Huy's parents) came from Salt Lake City, Grandma and Grandpa came from Nevada, the Clarks came from Fort Worth, and then her friends the Walkers, the Giles, the Colquitts, the Allens, the Simmons, her Primary teachers Brother Ornales and Brother Kloft, were all there! (All of her aunts and uncles and their families would have loved to have been there too if they didn't live quite so far away.)
At the baptism, she was so beautiful in her white dress and she did so very well. She had practiced how to be baptized in the pool the week before so she knew what to expect and sure enough, she only had to do it one time. Phew. After her baptism, she played her recital piece on the piano for the closing song and I must say, it was the best she had ever played it. She took her time and played with such emotion it made me cry, for like the fifth time that day. We are so proud of her for making the decision to be baptized. She is such a blessing and joy in our family. We love you dearly Taylin. Congratulations!
Family and friends came over for lunch afterwards and then we sang "Happy Birthday" to her before having some cake. She recieved lots of fun presents. She got blendy pens, journals and diaries and paper and pens, a soccer bag, a DS Lite with a Big Brain Academy game, clothes, Crocs, necklaces, and 8 white roses (her first time receiving flowers - she liked that).
Thank you everyone for all the support and help! You're awesome!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

chingchong7 said...

What a special birthday! Happy Birthday and congratulations, we are so proud of you!!!

Kimberly said...

A note to Tammy Townsend and someone else whom I'm unsure who it was... I had to delete a post about Taylin's birthday (due to some picture issues) and when I did, it deleted your comments too. So to Tammy and "the other person," I am so sorry!

Tammy's note said this...
Congrautlations Taylin. You are such a great girl. We are so happy for you.

meleah said...

I love all of these pictures!! You will have to teach me how you did that!

linnywho said...

Very good photos. Taylin looked so beautiful for her baptismal day. Sad to have missed it.

chelon:) said...

we had a great time! thanks for the invite and congrats taylin. :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations Taylin! You're getting old!

Scott and Ash have moved, I hate it! We both have web cams now, so we can talk and still get to see Lily. They ended up selling their house pretty quickly considering the market, and Ash and Lily joined Scott out in Chicago at the beginning of June.

What days are you guys going to be in Utah? Cam and I are going to Jackson Hole from the 3rd to the 5th, but we would love to get to see you!

thechoulespauls said...

Fun blog. it was really good meeting you and your family the other day. Seems like our husbands had a lot of good times back in the day...

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you're aware, but my birthday is November 29th and I would love a soccer ball-shaped cake. Kim's cakes are the *MOST* creative. Fun seeing you this month! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

the youngest one i evercum in was 8 and i will never forget her, nothing has ever felt nicer than being inside her and i would love to do it with your daughter too