Sunday, July 20, 2008

Introducing...
N I K E

We have a baby again! The kids are super excited. They have been asking for ummmm, four years now. I finally gave in and Huy has always been on board. Taylin said that now she can cross off everything on her want list! And Tanner says that a puppy is better than a baby because we can play with him right away. Kaylie just asked every morning until we could go pick him up if today was the day.


After going on several shopping trips to gather all the items a puppy needs, we picked him up on Friday, the 18th, near San Antonio. He was one of nine siblings - he had six sisters and two brothers. His mom's name is Junebug and the dad's name is Tuffy. Now his mom is me, and his dad is Huy and he has one brother and two sisters. He is one spoiled dog!


The first two days have been fun! Huy slept on the floor with him the first night and was up most every hour, but by the second night, he only was up three times. We are so proud of him! (I never thought I would talk about a dog as if he were my baby! Listen to me now! Aghh.) He is darn cute though, wouldn't you say? Who agrees?




Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

linnywho said...

May I be the first to say, "Congratulations!" He's a beauty! What a great looking dog...look at those baby blue eyes. So sweet. So funny the way Huy cradles him...proud new dad!

Bart said...

Definitely a cute dog.

Lars said...

Is he a lab?

Kimberly said...

Sometimes I forget the simplest of details. It is a lab!

The Christexans said...

Nike, you're one lucky and loved dog. Do you think he'll be a runner?

Jenn said...

Such a cute puppy. I love the blue eyes! It was great to see you guys as well. We will all miss you guys. Hope you come down soon!

Jeannie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Congratulations!!! :)

PS Welcome home!!!

chelon:) said...

wow...he is cute! if i allowed my family to get another dog, i would consider a choco lab too! unfortunately, my family is not allowed :) i love that you treat him like your baby. we got a puppy just weeks after halle was born and it was like i had twins!

S. Fillmore said...

what a cutie. I knew you would cave in and be a "new mom" again.

Heather said...

Is he a chocolate lab?? He's beautiful! You'll be surprised how much he does become a 4th child! CUTE!!!! I'm jealous because we have 2 jack russell terriers (i.e. barkers and HIGH energy) all I've ever wanted was a lab or a golden. Maybe with our move to the USA coming up soon, if we get a house with some land, my dream will come true too!

Heather said...

By the way, LOVE the name! Very clever!

Tammy said...

SO SO SO Cute, Welcome to the Dog group..Have fun.

meleah said...

Way Cute. I think you are pretty brave!!! I have never had a pet in my life (until now) and I am finding that the kitty I just got is a little bit of work (and money) I can't imagine what a puppy would be like.