Monday, October 27, 2008

Events of the day

Many have asked, "How big is Nike now?" Well, he just keeps getting bigger. At the vet last week, he weighed 42 pounds and Kaylie was 43 pounds. As you can see, he still does the "flat tire" and he is about 4 tiles long which would equal 4 feet. He's graduated to a bigger collar and I'm not sure if I like it. He listens much better, okay, most of the time. He is shedding more and more so brushing him helps, but I need to keep at that. We all are loving on him and he is spoiled, just like the rest of the kids.


The kids like to get in his gated area and lay on him and he is so good to let them.

Kaylie has done it!

She can now write her whole name perfectly and she knows the letters. She has been working on it a lot and we are so proud of her. There are no papers lying around that don't have her name on it!


Our tree has LIMONS?

When we first moved into our home, we did some landscaping in our backyard. Huy planted what I remembered was a lemon tree in a pot and the first year it had fruit. I thought it had outgrown the pot so I moved it into the ground. It grew and grew, mostly big thorns, but never had any more fruit. So five years later, Kaylie and I went outside to do some yardwork one day, and to our surprise, we saw 5 limons on our tree. We were so excited. Kaylie has since checked on them often and she has wanted to pick them. And to be honest, I couldn't remember if it was a lime tree (they are green) or a lemon tree (they are larger than a lime, I think) so I've made her wait so we could watch and see what would become of the limon tree!

Tanner found one on the ground (Nike probably knocked it off) so I let him cut it open and see if it smelled good or was rotten or what the deal was. We were hoping to find out if it was a lemon or a lime, but we are still bewildered. As you can tell, Taylin was not impressed with our garden produce, but Tanner seems to like sucking on sour limons!

1 comments:

Greg Christensen said...

Watch out! If Kaylie is anything like Elsa, she'll be competing with Nike to mark her territory everywhere! I sure do love those magic erasers.