a joyful life
This past weekend Huy sent me to Time Out! Can you believe that? He was actually very sweet to let me go with some friends to San Antonio to hear a group of LDS presenters and to give me a time out. Here is a little of what I learned.
joy in motherhood
2 Nephi 10:23 -- "free to act for yourselves". Remember that you live in a household of free agents. You don't get to control how they react to your parenting. But the more right things that get in, (the more teaching, love, positive influences, example) . . . the more control you have.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is not insurance against pain. It is a resource in the event of pain.
I love these messages from Emily Watts, but this one to her children was the best: "I give you the gift of an imperfect mother so you don't enter into marriage with unrealistic expectations."
joy in music
My favorite part of the weekend.
Performances by Michael McLean and Hillary Weeks
Love to feel the spirit through music.
joy in letters
P.S. I love your hair!
joy in listening
Other presenters, Michael Wilcox, Chris Stewart, and Carolyn Rasmus
joy in friendship
Sarah Reyes, Sheyenne Alvarez, Andrea Cole (with baby Isaac), and Tieryn Allen
Sheyenne and Tieryn
No, Huy has not photoshopped Andrea's tongue... yet!
Had a blast with these ladies!
We drove down in a ton of traffic, but nothing that an Atomic Fire Ball can't do to pass the time.
Obviously, Sheyenne and I eat everything the same, except I eat chocolate!
Free hotel rooms. Smelly, but free.
Thanks girls.
6 comments:
Now Kim, don't leave out the part about all the truck drivers that were hitting on you! Everyone, please ask Kim about the truck drivers that were hitting on her, and don't let her lie and tell you they weren't.
Oh, and I do eat chocolate. Plenty. That's what got me into this mess in the first place....
I guess I was signed in as Greg. I'm sure he'd agree with me.
Two comments...
I liked your first thought "Greg," but really Suzy, and I want everyone to know, I DO HAVE A GOOD LIFE!
I was impressed that Greg was checking my blog, but feeling bad because I don't check his too often, and a second but, I am glad it was you Suz!
feeling a bit green with envy here in Arizona. Truckers have always loved Kim. Lots of practice flirting with them between Oregon and Utah. {wink wink}
kim...i am sure you still got it!!
i wish i could have gone. it looks like a great weekend!
Thanks for sharing. Watch out Huy, sounds like the Truckers are after your hot wife!
Post a Comment