Friday, January 16, 2009

Park in Post



The first day of our drive to Utah for Christmas began on the 19th of December. The car was very full, mostly because we took Nike with us and his crate took up a lot of room. We had to get a roof rack and use the hitch to fit all of the luggage and Christmas gifts, but we were cozy and comfortable and safe. We found a great stop for lunch - this park in Post, Texas. It was full of antique playground equipment. Huy and I swear that the big slide was just like the one on our playgrounds in grade school - like I said, antique! The kids had a blast and Nike enjoyed running around. It was a great stop that the kids will look forward to on each future trip.
Many people thought we were nuts for taking Nike with us on a 24 hour drive and many have asked how he did. Maybe because I was so worried about it and was expecting the worst, he did great, just like Huy knew he would. Nike just layed down in his crate while we were moving and as soon as the car stopped, his head popped up and he was ready to get out. It really worked out just fine and I was greatly relieved!

2 comments:

The Christexans said...

We are a family that appreciates old fashioned parks. I think I've posted a ton of them. This one in Post looks great.

linnywho said...

Nice...I can hear the squeaky squeaky metal sounds as I'm looking at those pics!