Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kaylie = perceptive and peculiar

She has this way of making us all laugh at the things she says that are often either very perceptive or rather peculiar for a 5 year old. For instance, a few of the latest that I need to make note of...

At Tanner's birthday party, she traded the tickets she had won at the arcade games for a Daisy Duck stuffed toy. She was so happy about it and was showing myself and Huy, trying to talk like a duck. But then, she asked me if Daisy's eyes looked angry (because the eyebrows that were sewn on were downward facing near the nose). Indeed they did look angry, but I tried to play it off as no big deal and that the eyebrows were fine and Daisy was just happy that Kaylie had chosen her. She was convinced, but only for a moment. She then went to ask Huy. "Do her eyes look angry?" she asked. Huy laughed and also tried to convince her that they were not angry eyes, but Kaylie decided she didn't want Daisy any more because she was angry looking so we had to exchange it for a Minnie! Pretty perceptive of her we thought.

The other night we were watching the Kid's Choice Awards on Nickelodeon. The Rock was doing some sort of Polynesian dance with his knees moving towards each other and then away from each other while walking about. Kaylie announces, "His legs are very mysterious!" Where she learned that word is rather peculiar.

And the last Kaylie story... for today...
While she and I was lying on the floor with Nike, petting him and rubbing his back, she reaches over and pulls at my ears, examining them with wonder. She then said, "You have too small of ears." I guess she thought my ears were to small for my body. I don't know if it was a compliment or not, but I'll think it was. I'm happy with small things. It was kind of perceptive and peculiar that she would notice that.

That's our Kaylie!

4 comments:

The Christexans said...

Ahh! Kimberly = creative and clever

chelon:) said...

gotta love that girl!!

linnywho said...

so cute...very p&p!
yes, yes, i agree with suzy(?)...kimberly is very c&c!

Anonymous said...

Kaylie you are the cutest! :)
loves, AT