First day of school
Can't believe the summer is over! It was a busy, fun, and hot one, but I think we are all ready for school to begin.
Kaylie was pretty excited for her first day of Kindergarten. Her teacher is Mrs. Macias and she was glad to know Anna Ferguson in her class. She woke up happy and was cooperative when getting ready and it was a rush to get all three kids out the door, but we made it.
Favorite color - hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot pink
Favorite food - cheeseburger, ketchup only, with ranch
Favorite thing to do - hang out with my family
Favorite stuffed animal - horsey
Favorite movie and/or TV show - Thumbelina
What I'll be when I grow up - a gymnastic girl
If I were in charge of the world, I would stay with my family and ride horses.
Taylin was most ready to get school started. She was so excited to go and see the list that the school posts the week before school starts. She was happy she got a nice teacher, Mrs. O'Hara, but she was sad that her friend Kassadi wasn't in her class. She had no problem waking to her alarm on the first day (and has been doing a great job ever since too). She has shown great excitement and big responsibility starting the fourth grade!
Favorite color - blue
Favorite food - chicken nuggets/chicken sandwich
Favorite thing to do - play soccer and draw
Favorite stuffed animal - a dog
Favorite movie and/or TV show - High School Musical (all three), Full House
What I'll be when I grow up - a Pro soccer player and an artist and a Veterinarian
If I were in charge of the world there would be no dog pounds that would then kill the dogs.
Moving up to the middle school was not a problem for Tanner. He likes to think he is a big kid now, in the 6th grade. Secretly I think he was a little nervous, but only a mother would know, but he played it all off as being cool with the first day. Upon returning home, he told me with a smile from cheek-to-cheek, "It was awesome." He is going to like his new school.
Favorite color - blue
Favorite food - fries
Favorite thing to do - play football
Favorite animal - I don't have one
Favorite movie and/or TV show - Ironman
What I'll be when I grow up - NFL quarterback for the Steelers
If I were in charge of the world there would never be homework, everything would be free, there would be no jobs - only machines would build things.
This was the point I started to get a bit emotional, walking my three kids off to school. I had to lag behind so they wouldn't see my tears! Boo hoo!


I mean, look at her. Is she ready or what? She is and I know it, but I can still be sad that my baby is going to school with the big kids. When she came home, she didn't have much to tell us about her first day. She just said it was "goody." Soon after she looked at me and said, "What are we going to do tomorrow?" I told her we were going back to school. She promptly threw herself on the ground and cried, "Nooooo!" It is going to take some time to readjust to the all day, every day school thing!
The kids were ready and it will be a great year!
I mean, look at her. Is she ready or what? She is and I know it, but I can still be sad that my baby is going to school with the big kids. When she came home, she didn't have much to tell us about her first day. She just said it was "goody." Soon after she looked at me and said, "What are we going to do tomorrow?" I told her we were going back to school. She promptly threw herself on the ground and cried, "Nooooo!" It is going to take some time to readjust to the all day, every day school thing!
The kids were ready and it will be a great year!
2 comments:
kassadi is so sad that she isn't in tay tays class. hopefully next year! can't believe kaylie is in kindergarten. what are you going to do with yourself?? :)
I see anna in the background :) Way cute.
Post a Comment