Sunday, January 3, 2010

kimberly's word of the year

create

i don't have it all figured out just yet, but honestly, it was driving me nuts that i didn't have a post on the first of january so i'm madly getting this post up for the 3rd and hope to make it a more worthy post sooner than later.

where does the time go? but i'm not dwelling on that because this is one of my favorite times of the year... a chance for new beginnings, cleaning out, a fresh start. love it.

i loved this word last year and had thought about using it, but hadn't made my final decision until... my sister told me about a gift she was giving me for Christmas and it was in the mail. i am sooo excited about it. (thanks tammy. you're awesome.) it is called "project life." the idea is to take a picture everyday of the year and journal about it or your day or whatever. sounds like a project, that's for sure, but i love the idea and what a treasure it will be come december 31st. it will kind of get me back to the scrapbooking days that i miss, not for the work, but for the chance it gave me to be creative and capture the memories i love so much. only this will be much simpler and i'm all about simple. (hey, that is a good word too. i like that one. maybe next year.)

so... i will not only be creating something for this book everyday in 2010, but i hope to create other things as well throughout the year.

and like the post began, i hope to fill you in on the other things soon.

what will your word for the year be and what do you hope to create in 2010?

4 comments:

linnywho said...

create. what a great word. i would love to create lots this year...mostly, create time to create!
i must say, kimberly, you look gorgeous in that picture...and the kids, precious...what models!!!
so, where's huy's glamour shot?

Sheyenne said...

Kim,
Do I have to have a word for the year?! I'm not that focused! Geez, the pressure you put on me is unreal! *Hmmmph* If I had to pick one word for this year and every year though, it would be "enjoy." I want to be able to enjoy living my life and whatever happens in it, or whatever I make happen in it. I want to enjoy my husband, my kids, my time to just live. Can I pick another couple of words? How about "learn" and "give". I want to always be learning something new, and I want to always remember that I am so blessed that I need to give to others in return.

I think the pictures for a year is a great idea by the way. For you. Not me. *wink*

Tammy said...

I Think Kim will Create her YUMMY homemade oreo cookies for her friend Tammy and take them to her.... I'm still believing!

chingchong7 said...

i think you should create a picture of Huy cause it's missing on the family blog!