Monday, May 24, 2010

i love the california beach



The Nguyen Family Reunion was awesome! We took the kids out of school for a week and met Huy's parents and siblings and their families at the Newport Coast Villas where we enjoyed a fun week with all of them.



We took some family photos on the beach. The last time we did this was on the Newport Beach in 2002 - Tanner and Taylin were the only little kids. Look how we have grown.



It was a gorgeous evening (and it was perfect weather throughout the whole week)!



These are the villas stayed in and the view that we so enjoyed.



While the parents rested, the kids had many activities to choose from - there were basketball courts, pool tables, life-size checker and chess, a little putt-putt area, a big sandbox, and of course, several pools to enjoy.



These little munchkins were the absolute best. Tanner, Taylin, and Kaylie would love to call them brothers! They had so much fun together.



Every car ride was the best car ride because we were able to see cars like this! We play a game where you "call a car" and can make copies of it to give each other if you want. California has a lot of nice cars so most car rides were all about calling the best car. The boys even stopped at a Ferrari dealership and looked through the window at an Enzo. A big highlight of the week!



D I S N E Y L AN D is the greatest place on earth! Huy's sister made these shirts for the kids to wear - not only so cute, but it made it easy to keep track of them.



Kaylie enjoyed Minnie's house, but just running her from one area to another and her taking it all in was a tough job. The littlest ones couldn't do or see enough. They had a blast!



Taylin with her shadow buddy. They are so cute - the way he adores her and she adores the way he adores her and of course, she does adore him!





The boys asked for months how much longer until they got to go to Disneyland - it was their first time. What will they countdown to next??





I could live by the beach - definitely my favorite part of the trip. Love the sights and the sounds - it is my happy place. Add my children... close to heaven!



Kaylie made this sailboat at the villas craft activity. It didn't quite set sail like she hoped it would.



These two munchkins again. Can not get enough of their yumminess! (And that is Dad chasing after them, not some strange man in the picture - just incase you were wondering.)



Love them!



Huy's brother was able to come from Australia and join the fun which made the week perfect. We miss having him closer!



After family traveled back home, we drove up the coast and stopped at the Santa Monica Pier before having to go to the airport ourselves. It was a great way to soak it all in to the bitter end!

5 comments:

Karina said...

Wow. So fun. I want to go to Disneyland so bad, but Steve doesn't want to go. I'm going to make him. Alex is drooling over the car.

I grew up in Redondo Beach. I lived at the beach all summer and cut classes to go there too, but I never fell in love with it. Can't stand CA and beach traffic.

Anonymous said...

You posted!:) The pictures of the beautiful beach with a beautiful family are so awesome!
loves,
Tammy

chingchong7 said...

I didn't even know you posted this!!! Looks like a great trip!! I love Disneyland and the beach too! It's probably even more fun with kids!
Great family picture!

Fillmore said...

Your family photo is so beautiful. I miss you bunches. Glad you had a great time. Looking forward to our beach trip to Ventura. & our cruise!!!

Lars said...

Beautiful! What a great family time together. I LOVE your family photo on the sidebar!