Sunday, November 14, 2010

5k

I tried. I really tried. Chelon and I practiced running for months and this was what we thought might be the thing to make us "runners," a fun run for a cause (the cause was for the Georgetown High School Volleyball team which really meant nothing to us, but it was the right price and on a good day for us). People said it would be addicting. I was skeptical. It was one super tough run for me. I ran 3.1 miles of it. It took me 35 something minutes. Clearly my "run" is more like a fast walk. Woo hoo! I had done it. I felt I did the best I could do. Goal accomplished!





But never again. Not addicting. Not fun. My lame attempt at jumping in the air was meerly that I'd never have to do it again. It was fun with the ladies and they definitely kept me going. Thanks ladies, but next time, I'm walking!

5 comments:

Alison K. said...

You guys look Great!! Congrats on your first(and last) 5k. I have gotten more into running since we moved because i can run outside in the cool northwest weather :) i run at least 5k every day now!'

chingchong7 said...

Way to go Kim!!! I bet ya I can convince you to do another 5k ;)

Nancy said...

good job kim!!!

Fillmore said...

I about fell off my chair laughing. You and I are still 2 peas in a pod after all these years. Exact same scenario going on here in Arizona with me and 3 other ladies. My conclusion... running bites it hard! Not addicting, not fun, I am meant to be a cheerleader! But good for you for giving it a go! xoxo, Stephanie

Tammy said...

Oh My GOSH!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! My favorite picture is the last one. I should blow that up!!!!