Meet "the Creature"

This is Mo (a.k.a. the creature, as named by Kaylie). He is one of the latest members of our family - a little dwarf hamster. He was a gracious gift from our friends the Clarks when we visiting their house over Labor Day weekend. We brought him home and the kids (and Huy) thought he seemed lonely so Karmen promptly replied that she would meet us in Waco (that's halfway) to get us another one because "it's best they not be apart for too long. It will make it harder to put a second in the cage with him," said Karmen. How convienent right? So the following week, Mo was no longer alone. His brother, or sister (sadly we don't know what gender they are and hopefully we won't know by a litter of our own), joined him and we named it Meinie as in Einie, Meanie, Meinie, and Mo! (Meinie is all white.)

It's hard to know who likes the creatures the most... the kids or Huy!? We went out and picked out this spaceship of a cage and although they had a hard time climbing the tubes, they are fattening up and getting bigger and now can climb the tubes and run on the wheel. The kids are learning to clean the cage and are wondering if a dog wouldn't be better!
4 comments:
You are a nicer mom than me. Congratulations on your additions!
Funny you are posting about your new additions. I should be posting about our "Subractions". We are down one hamster and hopefully the next one will leave soon. Guess that's what happens when your kids don't feed them. :) JUST KIDDING!
I am glad Huy is still having fun with them. Is Meanie still living up to his name or has Huy whipped him into shape?
Personally, I agree with the kids - a dog is easier in some ways.
Adam and I should consider getting hamsters since we couldn't handle our little puppy that we had for only a week!!!! Love the spaceship of a hamster cage!!!! check out my blog, I think I know what I'm doing now! cindykoenig.blogspot.com
Yes, very nice mom! They're actually cute on the computer screen...just don't let them stow away on one of your trips out here :)
Linh
Post a Comment