33 YEARS
Saigon Branch Anniversary
The Van Nguyen (Huy's father, pronounced "Tay") emailed the family the following today:
"This Sunday, April 27, will be exactly 33 years since the last Sunday, April 27, 1975 when the Saigon Branch had the last Sacrament and also it was the day Lien (Huy's mother) and the rest of the family, except me and Liem (Huy's uncle), were evacuated by plane."
The following article was written in memory of this event. I thought it was worth sharing and that it might interest some of you. My in-laws have quite a remarkable story (we hope to get Huy's mother to write her side of the story one day) and they are quite remarkable people who have perservered through much adversity. I love them and am proud to be their daughter-in-law. Their amazing experience is captured in The's book titled "When Faith Endures." I've read this touching story and would recommend it to all.
The following article was written in memory of this event. I thought it was worth sharing and that it might interest some of you. My in-laws have quite a remarkable story (we hope to get Huy's mother to write her side of the story one day) and they are quite remarkable people who have perservered through much adversity. I love them and am proud to be their daughter-in-law. Their amazing experience is captured in The's book titled "When Faith Endures." I've read this touching story and would recommend it to all.
Article from the MormonTimes.com, April 24, 2008.
http://mormontimes.com/WC_aroundChurch.php?id=966
http://mormontimes.com/WC_aroundChurch.php?id=966

4 comments:
What an amazing journey! Thank you for including the Mormon Times article - I would love to read the book as well! I hope that Huy's Mother writes a book as well - being separated during that time for over 2 years and holding her family together and raising the kids sounds a life-changing experience that would be very inspiring.
Pretty neat.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 12 years, 3 beautiful babies, 4 homes (or is it 5?), what an accomplishment!!!
hey, I've read that book. :)
You know me I love that book. And has totally inspired me. I love my signed copy..
Post a Comment