Kaylie has peculiar habits.
Habit #1
She has an uncontrollable urge to make pillow beds where ever she goes. If there is something soft and/or puffy, she will turn it into bed, either for her stuffed animals or sometimes herself. Here is just a sampling for about a weeks worth - there is definately, at least, one new bed everyday somewhere in the house!

She has an uncontrollable urge to make pillow beds where ever she goes. If there is something soft and/or puffy, she will turn it into bed, either for her stuffed animals or sometimes herself. Here is just a sampling for about a weeks worth - there is definately, at least, one new bed everyday somewhere in the house!
(Sometimes Tanner and Taylin join in.)
She will also ask to take as many animals as I will allow with her into the car, but she has learned that they will not go into stores, or school, or dance, or where ever we go. Sometimes she will buckle them in her seatbelt "to keep them safe" while she is away and she often asks me to take care of them while she is gone to school.
As noted in the last picture, on occasion, she is also known to tie things up using, again, whatever means have been given her - a rope, an elastic, a string, a slinky, I mean whatever!
Habit #2
We have several Book of Mormons on a shelf (one for each of us for scripture study and then an few extra, one in Vietnamese for Huy's casual reading!) that Kaylie will carry with her around the house. Often times they will belong to the stuffed animals beds (pictured above). I can put them away on the shelf where they belong for a time, but as she "passes by them," she will begin to carry them around again. This is a constant battle with all of the above obessions - she gets it out, she makes a bed for it, I put it away, she forgets about it for a time, she gets reintroduced to it for some reason or another, she makes a bed for it, and I put it away again until the next time, usually a day or two later (if I'm lucky)!
All very peculiar!
10 comments:
J.D. likes to make beds/roads for his cars and his stuffed animals too. I find pillows and blankets stacked in all different places all over the house. I'm glad he isn't the only kid that does it!
Too funny. I recognize the Build-a-Bear Kitty. Zoe has the white one. A little tip: don't put them in the dryer. I did and melted the tail and tuft of hair into a matted mess. Now she thinks she needs a new one.
Okay now thats funny! I can't wait for Chase to do silly stuff. What a thinker though. She is going to be such a good mommy some day!
3 letters...OCD! Hilarious! She did that the whole time she was in Utah. What a talent...at least you don't have to worry about her having a bed wherever she goes :)
Elsa likes to carry around the little red book. That would be the quotations of Mao Tse Tung. I'm hoping she thinks it's the scriptures!
Did she talk with Trevor and develop this plan together? hahaha Especially the tying things up with items other than string/rope! I'm glad you took pictures of everything,what a good idea and fun way to document for her!!
That is cute, all of those beds. It reminds me of Anna and all of puppy stuffed animals that she ties everywhere. She always asks me to watch them so they don't run away.
Fun to see...though not so much for you! I think all kids have their "things" they get into.
Oh! That's sweet! Me and my sisters used to constantly make roads for our Barbie cars out of books.
ha ha. i love this girl+taylin+tanner to pieces! i want to babysit them sometime.
Post a Comment