Aaaah, my boy is 11! It doesn't seem possible that I could be that old! Ha. I've loved all 11 years with this kid. He is so likable, fun, and positive, he's a doer, a go getter, and he loves being 11! He had a great birthday. His friends (Connor, Drew, Tanner W., Ryan, Jared, Julian, and Bailey) all met him at Austin Park and Pizza and they got to play arcade games, ride go-carts, play miniture golf, go rock climbing, and eat pizza, drink all the soda they wanted and play more arcade games... as much as they could, all of this for hours and hours. 11 year olds boys know how to not have a care in the world. It was a great time!
Tanner received lots of money from friends and family (which was greatly appreciated), he got a Nerf Vulcan gun (a gift from Dad for the both of them to enjoy), a Lamborgini remote control car, a few clothes, new socks (a gift from Mom for the both of us to enjoy), a water football for summer days at the pool, Diary of a Whimpy Kid books, and his most favorite of all... an iPod touch. He earned (and used some birthday money) and saved more than half of the cost and Dad and I helped him with the rest as his gift from us. It is darn cool and he hasn't put it down much. Taylin says, "Luckyyyyyyyyy!"
It has been a New Year's Resolution of our families to not eat french fries for six months, with the exception of birthdays. This has not been as hard as we thought it might be, except for Tanner. He loves his fries and has missed them. So when he got to choose a place to eat for his birthday, without a doubt, he was going to pick some place that has awesome french fries. He chose Wing Stop. And they were tastey! He ate about 3 wings and a whole basket of fries. Tanner, and the rest of us, are back on track for another 3 months of no fries, until Taylin's birthday and then the resolution will end. Now we have to come up with what we will give up next for the last six months!
As for the cake, I am out of ideas for football themed cakes. Or maybe it is just that I am out of enthusiasm for coming up with new ideas for football themed cakes. I mean, how many years am I going to be making a football cake?!?!? And another thing, note to self... 11 year old boys would rather go play in the park than eat birthday cake!
As for the cake, I am out of ideas for football themed cakes. Or maybe it is just that I am out of enthusiasm for coming up with new ideas for football themed cakes. I mean, how many years am I going to be making a football cake?!?!? And another thing, note to self... 11 year old boys would rather go play in the park than eat birthday cake!
A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tanner! We love you and are so proud of you!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday TANNER!
it is so crazy how quickly they grow up. what a fun party! as for the fries....good for you guys! i wish i had that kind of determination :)
Too bad for me that I'm not 11 yr-old scout leader anymore. Tanner's one of the good kids you look forward to having in your group!
I love the socks for you to enjoy comment. I can't believe no fries...wow...really? WOW.
Aw, Tanner, I LOVE HIM. I still remember being surprised by a cute little baby at the airport when I came home from my mission 11 years ago. I too am old!!! He was so cute and now he is sooooo handsome! If only my boys will grow up to be like Tanner Bo Banner :) What a kid!
Wow you have an 11 year old! How is it possible? I swear just a few months ago we were hanging out at the Enclave. I love reading your blog and being back in touch.
p.s. you should join facebook too!
What a great birthday. And you are so smart having all that boy energy celebrate out of the house.
I like your resolution. Good for all of you!
Post a Comment